Position: PPIA Internship (Summer 2020)
The PPIA (Public Policy & International Affairs) Program seeks interns to support the organization. PPIA is a national nonprofit that prepares undergraduate students from underrepresented communities for an advanced degree in public policy and international affairs and ultimately for careers and influential roles serving the public good. Learn more about PPIA’s work here: https://ppiaprogram.org/about/
We are seeking interns in the following areas:
Communications and Social Media Podcast Development Data Analysis Virtual Events
Location: Any location possible (Remote position) Hours: Flexible, minimum three days/week Compensation: Stipend to be determined based on experience and total hours
What you do for PPIA:
• Support the PPIA website, social media, video, audio, print, and other content to promote PPIA and its events to students, alumni, consortium members, and donors
• Publicize PPIA events to target audiences in around the country across all social media platforms and email
• Create student and alumni profiles for PPIA’s website, marketing, and podcast materials to tell the story of what can be done with an advanced degree in public policy or international affairs
• Evaluate program application data and create a recruitment plan for future cycles
Additional projects may include:
• Promote PPIA, its programs, and its members to the public sector and related industries (think tanks, academic institutions, government agencies, nonprofits, etc.)
• Identify prospective members and affiliates for the PPIA Graduate School Consortium and 18th Annual Public Service Expo
• Identify and promote PPIA Graduate School Consortium members’ relevant events to alumni and students
What you bring to PPIA:
• Status as a current undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate.
• Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills are a plus.
• Experience with Canva, WordPress, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite).
• Familiarity with graphic design, branding, website administration, CRM tools, digital marketing analytics, photography, video production preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work remotely with minimal supervision required.
• Highly organized and efficient, able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in multicultural, multi-lingual, and multi-racial settings.
• A commitment to PPIA’s mission.
What you get from an PPIA internship:
• Practical experience in multicultural marketing.
• A portfolio of projects tailored to your interests.
• Strong connections to top schools of public policy and international affairs.
• Experience in outreach, analysis, and project management.
• Insights into public service educational and career trends that will help you shape your career.
How to Apply:
Please complete this form: https://forms.gle/dksTWmFCKKXhB5Sn8
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Priority Deadline: May 26, 2020 Final Deadline: June 1, 2020
PPIA does not have the ability to support visas or work permits. PPIA actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation.